These Terms of Services are effective on November 12, 2013.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY. THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN PYXIE AND YOU WHICH GOVERNS YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF AND AGREEMENT TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. IF YOU OBJECT TO ANYTHING IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE THE SERVICES.
The Services are protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of the Services, or any portion of them, may result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
1. You must be at least 18 years old to use the Service.
2. You may not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic or sexually suggestive photos or other content via the Service.
3. You are responsible for any activity that occurs through your account and you agree you will not sell, transfer, license or assign your account, followers, username, or any account rights. With the exception of people or businesses that are expressly authorized to create accounts on behalf of their employers or clients, PYXIE prohibits the creation of and you agree that you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself. You also represent that all information you provide or provided to PYXIE upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete and you agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
4. You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of other PYXIE users.
5. You are responsible for keeping your password secret and secure.
6. You must not defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate people or entities and you must not post private or confidential information via the Service, including, without limitation, your or any other person's credit card information, social security or alternate national identity numbers, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses.
7. You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You agree to comply with all laws, rules and regulations (for example, federal, state, local and provincial) applicable to your use of the Service and your Content (defined below), including but not limited to, copyright laws.
8. You are solely responsible for your conduct and any data, text, files, information, usernames, images, graphics, photos, profiles, video clips, links and other content or materials (collectively, "Content") that you submit, upload or display on or via the Service. 9. You must not change, modify, adapt or alter the Service or change, modify or alter another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service or PYXIE.
10. You must not access PYXIE's private API by means other than those permitted by PYXIE.
11. You must not create or submit unwanted email, comments, likes or other forms of commercial or harassing communications (a/k/a "spam") to any PYXIE users.
12. You must not use domain names or web URLs in your username without prior written consent from PYXIE.
13. You must not interfere or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, including by transmitting any worms, viruses, spyware, malware or any other code of a destructive or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any PYXIE page is rendered or displayed in a user's browser or device.
14. You must not create accounts with the Service through unauthorized means, including but not limited to, by using an automated device, script, bot, spider, crawler or scraper.
The PYXIE Service
1. PYXIE is a platform that connects stylists and professionals ("Professionals" or "Providers") providing hair services ("Styling Services") with clients seeking such services ("Clients"). The Professionals and Clients are both users of the Services provided by PYXIE and are hereinafter referred to collectively as "Users."
2. PYXIE solely provides a platform for Professionals and Clients to connect and serves only as a medium to facilitate the provision of Styling Services. PYXIE does not provide or contract for Styling Services and Professionals and Clients contract independently for the provision of Styling Services. Each Client is solely responsible for selecting the Professional, the Styling Services to be provided and the location at which Styling Services will be performed, whether on the premises of a Professional or at a site designated by the Client. Any decision by a Client to receive Styling Services or by a Professional to provide Styling Services is a decision made in such person's sole discretion.
3. PYXIE does not have control over the quality, suitability, reliability, timing, durability, legality, failure to provide, or any other aspect whatsoever of any Styling Services provided by Professionals nor of the integrity, responsibility or any of the actions or omissions whatsoever of any Professionals or Clients. PYXIE makes no representations or warranties whatsoever with respect to Styling Services offered or provided by Professionals or requested by Clients through use of the Services, whether in public, private, or offline interactions, or about the accreditation, registration or licensing of any Professional. You understand that PYXIE does not routinely screen its Users, inquire into the background of its Users or attempt to verify information provided by any User. PYXIE does not verify of confirm that any User is who they claim to be or is accurately representing themselves and does not verify or confirm any representations with respect to Styling Services on the Services. PYXIE does not assume any responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of this information or any information provided through the Services.
4. Some of the Service is supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that PYXIE may place such advertising and promotions on the Service or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
5. You acknowledge that we may not always identify paid services, sponsored content, or commercial communications as such.
PYXIE Pages & Profiles
2. In registering for an Account, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Services' registration process and as requested from time to time by PYXIE. You further agree that, in providing such Registration Data, you will not knowingly omit or misrepresent any material facts or information and that you will promptly enter corrected or updated Registration Data via the Services, or otherwise advise us promptly in writing of any changes or updates to your Registration Data. You further consent and authorize us to verify your Registration Data as required for your use of and access to the Services.
3. Once you subscribe to the Services, you shall receive a unique user ID and password in connection with your profile (collectively referred to herein as "Profile IDs"). You are required to select an appropriate and non-offensive user ID for your profile; we reserve the right to remove or reclaim any user ID if we believe, in our sole discretion, the user ID is inappropriate, offensive or confusing or potentially violates the rights of a third party (such as when a trademark owner provides notice that a user ID is similar to the trademark and the user ID does not closely relate to the User's actual name).
6. You agree to maintain your Account solely for your own use. You agree that you will not allow another person to use your Profile IDs to access or use the Services under any circumstances. You are solely and entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Profile IDs and for any charges, damages, liabilities or losses incurred or suffered as a result of your failure to do so. We are not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft of your Profile IDs, your disclosure of your Profile IDs, or your authorization to allow another person to access or use the Services using your Profile IDs. Furthermore, you are solely and entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your profile including any charges incurred relating to the Services. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your profile or any other breach of security known to you. You acknowledge that the complete privacy of your data and messages transmitted while using the Services cannot be guaranteed.
7. As part of the functionality of the Services, you may link your profile with online accounts you may have with third party service providers (each such account, a "Third Party Account") by either: (i) providing your Third Party Account login information through the Services; or (ii) allowing PYXIE to access your Third Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third Party Account. You represent that you are entitled to disclose your Third Party Account login information to PYXIE and/or grant PYXIE access to your Third Party Account (including, but not limited to, for use for the purposes described herein), without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third Party Account and without obligating PYXIE to pay any fees or making PYXIE subject to any usage limitations imposed by such third party service providers. By granting PYXIE access to any Third Party Accounts, you understand that (i) PYXIE may access, make available and store (if applicable) any content that you have provided to and stored in your Third Party Account (the "SNS Content") so that it is available on and through the Services via your Account, including without limitation any friend lists, and (ii) PYXIE may submit and receive additional information to your Third Party Account to the extent you are notified when you link your Account with the Third Party Account. Unless otherwise specified in these Terms of Service, all SNS Content, if any, shall be considered to be User Submissions for all purposes of these Terms of Service. Depending on the Third Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third Party Accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your Third Party Accounts may be available on and through your Account on the Services. Please note that if a Third Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or PYXIE's access to such Third Party Account is terminated by the third party service provider, then SNS Content may no longer be available on and through the Services. You will have the ability to disable the connection between your PYXIE Account and your Third Party Accounts at any time. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS. PYXIE makes no effort to review any SNS Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality or non-infringement, and PYXIE is not responsible for any SNS Content.
8. You acknowledge and agree that the Services may access your e-mail address book associated with a Third Party Account and your contacts list stored on your mobile device or tablet computer solely for the purposes of identifying and informing you of those contacts who have also registered to use the Services. At your request made via e-mail to email@example.com, PYXIE will deactivate the connection between the PYXIE Services and your Third Party Account and delete any information stored on PYXIE's servers that was obtained through such Third Party Account, except the username and profile picture that become associated with your profile.
9. You can terminate your profile at any time; and PYXIE reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your profile if you violate these Terms of Service or for any reason or no reason at any time.
Service Use and Limitations and Changes to the Services.
1. We may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Services at any time, with or without reason. You acknowledge that the operation of the Services may from time to time encounter technical or other problems and may not necessarily continue uninterrupted or without technical or other errors and PYXIE shall not be responsible to you or others for any such interruptions, errors or problems or an outright discontinuance of the Services. PYXIE has no obligation to maintain or update the Services or to continue producing or releasing new versions of the Services.
2. We will make reasonable efforts to keep the Services operational 24 hours a day/7 days a week, except for: (i) planned downtime (of which we will endeavor to provide at least 8 hours prior notice); or (ii) any unavailability caused by circumstances beyond our control, including but not limited to, acts of God, acts of government, flood, fire, earthquakes, civil unrest, acts of terror, strikes or other labor problems or Internet service provider failures or delays. 3. As a User of the Services, you agree to follow all applicable rules and laws and take full responsibility for any branding and promotion you offer via the Services.
4. When you publish content or information using the "public" setting, it means that everyone, including people outside of the PYXIE community, will have access to that information and we may not have control over what they do with it. 5. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about PYXIE, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
6. We do our best to keep PYXIE safe and spam free, but can't guarantee it. In order to help us do so, you agree not to:
o send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on PYXIE.
o collect Users' content or information, or otherwise access PYXIE, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
o engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on PYXIE.
o upload viruses or other malicious code.
o solicit login information or Profile IDs or access an account belonging to someone else.
o bully, intimidate, or harass any User.
o post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
o develop, advertise or otherwise market alcohol-related, pornographic or other mature content.
o use PYXIE to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
o do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of PYXIE or the Website, such as a denial of service attack.
o facilitate or encourage any violations of these Terms of Service.
7. To make sure we are able to provide a service to our Users and customers, we need to make sure our pages are accurate and up-to-date. To help us do so, you agree to:
o keep your Registration Data and contact information accurate and up-to-date.
o keep your Profile IDs confidential and to not share your login information or Profile IDs, let anyone else access your profile, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your profile.
1. The Services contains content and technology of the Company that is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws. The Company owns intellectual property rights to any protectable part of the Services, including but not limited to the design, artwork, logos, functionality, and documentation (collectively, the "Company Property"). You may not copy, modify, or reverse engineer any part of the Services or the Company Property.
2. In order to operate the Services, the Company needs to make certain use of your publicly posted Content. Therefore, by posting, uploading or submitting to PYXIE, or making available for inclusion in publicly accessible areas of PYXIE, any text, images, photos, graphics, audio or video, including any content protected by intellectual property rights (collectively, "Content"), you represent that you have full authorization to do so. You also hereby grant PYXIE a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform, publicly display and make derivative works of such Content in connection with the Services and any services or products affiliated with the Services, regardless of the form of media used or of whether such services or products now exist or are developed in the future. This license exists only for as long as you elect to continue to include such Content on PYXIE and will terminate at the time such Content is removed from the Services by you or by PYXIE.
5. When you delete Content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed Content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time and in User profiles wherever they were saved until the time that they are deleted by the User.
6. Subject to the terms and conditions hereof, Company hereby grants each Professional a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license to display the logos, trademarks or other design marks of the Company solely for personal, non-commercial use in connection with your use of the Services, promotion of Styling Services offered via the Services or other uses expressly permitted by the Company in writing. Notwithstanding such permitted uses and license, you acknowledge that all derivative designs and artwork which utilize the Company's logo or other Company Property (collectively, "Derivative Works") are the sole property of the Company. No other rights are granted to you with respect to the Company Property other than those rights granted explicitly herein, including with respect to any Derivative Works.
7. Any Content posted by a User belongs to the person that posted such Content. You may use any Content posted by you in any way without restriction. You may only use Content posted by others in the ways described in these Terms of Service.
8. The Company reserves the right to remove any Content from the Services, at its sole discretion.
9. The Company respects the intellectual property of others. It may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, disable and/or terminate the Accounts of Users who the Company, in its determination, believes have repeatedly infringed others' rights. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide the following information to the Company's copyright agent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to PYXIE, Inc., Attn: Legal Agent, PO Box 371330, Las Vegas, NV 89137:
o an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
o a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
o description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site, including a url link;
o your address, telephone number, and email address;
o a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized or consented to by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and o a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is completely accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
o The Company reserves the right to send Clients a newsletter from time to time if they opt-in to receiving one. This communication will be highly targeted based on how each Client uses PYXIE and will be designed to inform Clients of how to get more value from the Services.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
10. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU ARE FULLY AND SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS AND YOU AGREE THAT IT IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS IN ALL ACTIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER PROFESSIONALS AND CLIENTS AND IN THE PROVISION OR RECEIPT OF STYLING SERVICES. PYXIE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER.
10. OF THE SERVICES. PYXIE IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO, AND DOES NOT ROUTINELY, SCREEN ITS USERS, INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUND OF ITS USERS OR ATTEMPT TO VERIFY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ANY USER. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, BUT HAVE NO OBLIGATION, TO MONITOR DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND OTHER USERS. PLEASE CAREFULLY SELECT THE TYPE OF INFORMATION THAT YOU POST ON THE WEBSITE OR THROUGH THE SERVICES OR RELEASE TO OTHERS. WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF OTHER PARTICIPANTS OR USERS.
11. IT IS POSSIBLE FOR OTHERS TO OBTAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR STYLING SERVICES, AND THAT THE RECIPIENT MAY USE SUCH INFORMATION TO HARASS OR INJURE YOU. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE ON THE WEBSITE OR THROUGH THE SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT IN USING THE SERVICES, SENSITIVE INFORMATION WILL TRAVEL THROUGH THIRD- PARTY INFRASTRUCTURE THAT IS NOT UNDER PYXIE'S CONTROL (SUCH AS THIRD-PARTY SERVERS). PYXIE MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE SECURITY OF SUCH THIRD-PARTY INFRASTRUCTURE.
12. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. PYXIE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON- INFRINGEMENT.
13. PYXIE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (II) THAT YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, (III) THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (IV) THAT THE SERVICES OR ANY SERVER THROUGH WHICH YOU ACCESS THE SERVICES IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
14. PYXIE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, TIMING, DURABILITY, LEGALITY, OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF STYLING SERVICES OFFERED OR PROVIDED BY PROFESSIONALS OR REQUESTED BY CLIENTS THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICES WHETHER IN PUBLIC, PRIVATE, OR OFFLINE INTERACTIONS OR ABOUT THE ACCREDITATION, REGISTRATION OR LICENSE OF ANY PROFESSIONAL.
15. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. 16. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM PYXIE OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
Limitation of Liability and Release
1. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL PYXIE OR ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR BOIDLY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS AND DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES; (II) STYLING SERVICES FACILITATED BY THE SERVICES OR ANY INTERACTIONS BETWEEN USERS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITIES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONDUCT, ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY USER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION STALKING, HARASSMENT THAT IS SEXUAL OR OTHERWISE, ACTS OF PHYSICAL VIOLENCE, AND DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL PROPERTY) OR ANY DISPUTE WITH ANY USER; (III) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; (IV) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF THE SERVICES OR YOUR DATA OR TRANSMISSIONS; OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICES. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
2. PYXIE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE BETWEEN USERS RELATED TO OR ARISING FROM USE OF THE SERVICES. BECAUSE PYXIE IS NOT INVOLVED IN THE ACTUAL INTERACTIONS BETWEEN PROFESSIONALS AND CLIENTS OR IN THE PROVISION OF ANY STYLING SERVICES, YOU HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE PYXIE AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, DAMAGES (ACTUAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, CONTINGENT OR LIQUIDATED, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO ANY DISPUTE OR INTERACTIONS WITH ANY OTHER USER, WHETHER ONLINE OR IN PERSON, WHETHER RELATED TO THE PROVISION OF STYLING SERVICES OR OTHERWISE.
1. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, partners and licensors from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs, debt and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from or relating to: (i) your use of and access to the Services; (ii) Styling Services facilitated by the Services or any interaction between you and another user; (iii) your violation of any term of these Terms of Service; (iv) your violation of any rights of a third party, including without limitation any copyright, intellectual property, or privacy right; or (v) any third- party claims or damages relating to death, personal injury or emotional distress arising from or related to use of the Services. This defense and indemnification obligations will survive the termination of this Agreement and your use of the Services.
2. The Company may assign these Terms of Service or any other agreement with you in whole or part at any time.
3. These Terms of Service and the relationship between you and the Company shall be governed by the laws of the State of Nevada without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and the Company agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within Clark County, Nevada.
4. Any failure of the Company to enforce or exercise a right provided in these Terms of Service is not a waiver of that right.
5. Should any provision of these Terms of Service be found invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms shall still apply.
6. You and the Company both agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Services or these Terms of Service must be filed within ONE (1) YEAR after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.